A wet, dreary, staying in, resting, and housework catch up kind of day.
Willa is starting to hold on!
(photo cred: Maggie)
(This is my 801st blog post! Thank you for reading all of them Eleanor lol)
I feel that this week is best summed up in three pictures:
Essential oils, candy, and sparkle glue.
People have asked me how it has been the last few months with three children. I normally answer by saying something like, “great! as good as it could be really!” And I mean that. I have two older kids who are pretty self-sufficient and delighted by their new sister. I have a healthy baby who eats and sleeps well and seems to have a pretty relaxed disposition. But three kids is still three kids. I generally feel like someone always needs something and I feel that I am ignoring someone most of the time. Often I find that the intense moments come in spurts, when after hours of peace, everyone explodes at the same time and usually when we need to be getting in the car to go somewhere and we’re already almost late (I’m realizing more and more how much I hate being late). Being a mom to three has certainly highlighted how much I need to learn about patience and grace. However, despite the challenges, I want to remember this cozy season of baby cuddles, crafting, cooking, and short winter days.
I took this picture to while I was finishing up dinner the other day. Maggie came up to me, sat on the table, crossed her legs, and asked me, “what is your favorite thing to do at parties?”
I can’t stop making and eating pumpkin pie. This is my favorite Christmas mug. And thanks to my Keurig, I use it about 4x/day.
Comfort food during the cold months is my favorite type of cooking. Shepherd’s pie, Pork Ragu, Chicken pot pie, pie!, soups on sunday, bread, and more bread. A table set for family dinner on a cold night is happy sight.
Sweet Willa-girl, you are officially 3 months old today and also exactly 13 weeks old!
You’ve had an exciting third month of life.
- We got your crib set up!
- You went to the Life and Science Museum in Durham (our fave) for the first time on a rainy veteran’s day with your cousins. Aunt Jean gave you a bottle.
- You started playing more on your playmat, you like it a lot and just this past week or so you started being able to grab toys hanging from it.
- You had your first trip to the ER. That was definitely a day of excitement, sorry it wasn’t the fun kind. Your eye looks almost completely better now! We’re so surprised and thankful!
- You’ve taken a couple of naps in Mommy and Daddy’s bed (don’t tell Jackson and Maggie). You get endless affection from them of course.
- We’ve gone to the gym a few times.
- You went on a girl’s night dinner with Mommy, Jean, and E to celebrate Lucy’s birthday!
- Of course, we celebrated your first Thanksgiving at Meme and Gdad’s!
- You got to go to the Christmas Tree farm and help pick out your first tree! By the way, you LOVE looking at the tree.
- You smile more and more everyday. You’ve given us some chuckles.
- You’ve gone to Womble park, brrr!
- And the big news is that you have slept all night in your crib the last two nights! I missed you so much the first night and was worried so I slept with the video monitor right by my face. You are a champion sleeper, my girl, thank you.
- Sometimes you’re fussy in the evenings and want to eat a lot but given how you sleep at night thats fine by me!
- You like when we read you books.
- I don’t think you like being out in the cold.
- You’re crying more in the car, but you’re in there a lot. Sorry.
Can’t wait to celebrate your first Christmas with you this month. You bring us all so much joy.