on may 1st jackson was officially 6 1/2 years old! we celebrated with chocolate cupcakes. at 6 1/2 jackson….
- is really close to being a 1st grader!
- has really developed as a reader in the past couple of months
- has recently discovered one of dad’s old ipods and the joys of listening to headphones
- loves going to the game room at the Y to play the Wii and foosball
- adores his little sister
- takes all of the pillows and cushions off both of the couches everyday to “build a fort”
- is not a fan of school performances and programs
- prefers to buy lunch at school
- eats at least one popsicle a day
- goes through spurts of interest in playing ipad games like minecraft
- doesn’t like doing homework very much- but math isn’t so bad
- enjoys reading books at bedtime
- is always up for going places together or playing with friends
- is becoming more and more flexible with new situations
- loves to be outside
- cant wait to go swimming
- still eats almost anything
- favorite foods: tacos, drumsticks, ramon noodles with ginger scallion sauce, hot dogs, hamburgers, green beans, all fruit
im sure i could go on. i hope i can remember these days. jackson is sweet. he loves his family so well, has adjusted well to school. i think we are both wondering what 1st grade will be like. but i do know that he will take it in stride. i can’t believe his next birthday will be the big 7! i guess with the first kid, every new age seems so old!
love you so much jackson