This morning we had the honor of dedicating our lives as parents to the discipleship of our sweet Maggie. We were so blessed to have our family with us to support us. After church we had a picnic and playtime at our favorite “dragon park”. It was a really sweet day!
I’d say our Maggie has grown a bit since last Mother’s Day!
Oh my sweet baby. It blows my mind that she’s 18 months old. The picture above sums her up, books and animal noises! We love seeing her walk and play. We’ve been having a lot of fun!
18 month old Maggie….
- Likes to eat a good variety of foods including cheese, cucumber with cream cheese, Popsicles, eggs, pears, apple (she always asks for it but only sometimes eats it), syrup, fruit, gnocchi
- Finally started to sleep really well (until mommy and daddy went away for the weekend and she’s had a hard time in the week since)
- Is walking like a champ
- Loves to have her brother drive her in his truck
- Calls shoes and socks, and sunglasses hats
- When she wants to go outside she asks for hat
- Holds her hands up when she asks questions
- Loves her pacis and calls them “Dee-dee”
- Tries to ride bikes and scooters
- Loves playing outside with her brother and neighbors
- Is OBSESSED with cats and can now say meow
- Refers to most animals by their noise (dog, cat, duck, monkey, cow, cat, lion, snake, sheep)
- But she does say bird, which she loves
- LOVES LOVES LOVES to read and go to the library
- Is very affectionate- loves to hug and kiss
- Calls her brother jack
- Finally says momma and sometimes mommy!
- Is learning different facial expressions, surprised, happy, and sad
- Has seemingly permanent scraped knees
Stats: weight 24 lbs 14oz – 59%
Length 31.75 inch – 52%
Head 18.5 inch – 63%
we celebrated hadley’s third birthday
jackson started a new season of soccer
jackson and i went to this thing called mardi gras
i’ve been baking…. a lot….
maggie has been cute and messy
and in big news, jackson’s reading skills have really taken off and maggie is starting to take steps! so proud of them!
currently in numbers….
maggie is one week away from being 16 months old and took her first steps yesterday (while i was in the shower but whatever… 🙂
jackson is halfway through his 3rd quarter of kindergarten. today i told him he had 5 weeks until track out and he said, “wait, does that mean i only have 2 more trackouts until im a first grader!?” crazy!
it was like 74 degrees today and i wore shorts and a tshirt
maggie has been sick for two weeks….jackson has been sick for almost as long
me and the mr have had a round of sickness, at least at different types
2.5 snow days
a billion sick days.
5 days until jackson and i go to new orleans!